Recommended products for this type of game
Presentation of the game
Call of Duty or COD, is a series of war-based first-person shooter (FPS) video games. The series was created in 2003 by studio Infinity Ward and published by Activision. The episodes take place during the Second World War or during fictional modern conflicts. The last installment of the saga released is Call of Duty: Vanguard in 2021. With more than 300 million copies sold worldwide in 2019, all episodes combined, it is one of the best-selling video game series in history.
The series has also developed a strong esports scene on console versions, culminating in the Call of Duty Championship.
Regarding the first Call Of Duty, of the same name, here is how the multiplayer and the campaign work.
Up to 64 players can play a game in seven game modes involving thousands of players.
- Free-for-all : the winner is the one having made the most eliminations in the game at the end of the allotted time.
- Team Deathmatch : The winning team is the one with the most eliminations at the end of the allotted time.
- Search and destroy : Two teams compete, one must defend two objectives while the other must start a bomb in order to detonate the bomb, the first team to reach 4 points wins.
- Behind enemy lines : A small team of Allied soldiers is surrounded and outnumbered. Allied players earn points by surviving and killing opposing soldiers. An Axis soldier killing an Allied soldier respawns as an Allied soldier.
- Extraction : this team timed mode is made up of several rounds; a team must recover important documents from the enemy and bring them back to their safe zone; the other must repel the enemy until the time runs out. The team with the most points at the end of the rounds wins.
- Headquarter (from patch 1.2): the goal is to accumulate points by defending neutral HQs or by destroying those of the enemy. The first team to reach 250 points wins.
- capture the flag : the goal is to bring the flag of the opposing team back to its camp.
- Strategic Point: the goal is to stay as long as possible in the strategic point to accumulate points. The first team to reach 250 points, or who has the most points at the end of regulation time, wins the match.
- Confirmed Elimination: The first team to have 100 confirmed chips, or who has the most at the end of the time limit, wins the match.
Sixteen cards ( maps ) are available (including some added over the patches).
The single-player mode (campaign) has 26 missions divided into 3 campaigns.
The first campaign allows the player to play as Private Martin of the US 101st Airborne Division. His first mission, as a scout of the 101st division, is to mark out an area to prepare the parachuting of his comrades before going to fight. The following missions (including the assault on the manor of Brécourt) are intended to prepare the landing of infantry troops on Utah Beach. He also participated in some special operations such as the release of English prisoners held in Germany, in the Bavarian Alps and the Battle of Hürtgen Forest during the liberation of Germany.
In the second campaign, you have to play an English soldier, Sergeant Jack Evans, a member of the 6th British Airborne Division. The first mission is to arrive in a glider to surprise the Germans and take the Bénouville bridge, known as the “Pegasus Bridge”, and then defend it against an enemy attack. Subsequently, the player participates in commando missions such as the sabotage of the Eder dam in the Ruhr (on the Möhne), the sabotage of Tirpitz in Norway and a V2 rocket launch site in Burgsteinfurt in Germany.
The third and final campaign takes place on the Soviet side. The player takes the role of Sergeant Alexei Ivanovich Voronin, a soldier of the Red Army. He begins in a boat to land on the banks of the Volga taking him to Stalingrad to liberate Red Square. The player then has the mission to defend a ruined building called the Pavlov house, fight in the sewers during the battle of Stalingrad, drive a T-34 tank and destroy enemy armor. He must engage in street battles to storm a factory, a train station, and finally a last stand for the enemy capital Berlin before hoisting the Soviet flag atop the Reichstag.a
Two e-sport giants face off tonight in an explosive duel! Vitality and NIP battle it out for victory in a can’t-miss match. Fans are waiting for this epic show!
Just like us, Gaming & Health wants to bring a new look at video games and prove that we can be a gamer in good health.
It is common that we get angry when we play. All those things that disturb our enjoyment of playing can be found in this article.